Wednesday, February 21, 2007

That was worth it. No, really.

So, after yesterday's fun of setting up WoW, I finally got to... sleep. I was so tired after work and installing the game that I couldn't actually play it; I just konked out and spent the next twelve hours asleep. Again. After I got up, I thought, "Finally! I'm all set up, I'm well rested, I don't have class until 8:30, I can play!" And I did. For 20 minutes. Until my internet connection crapped out on me. Stupid, evil Charter.

So I was just hanging out in my apartment for about ten minutes, when my phone rang. I noticed I'd missed a few calls from my neighbor, so I decided to answer this one. It took me about two seconds of listening to him to piece together what I'd missed out on from the earlier calls:

1. "Hey, James, how's it going?"
2. "Hey, I'm going out with some buddies, do you want to come?"
3. "Hey, I'm having a great time at the bar! I'm totally wasted!"

And the one I picked up was, of course,

4. "Hey, can I get a ride?"

Now, this guy is actually cool to hang out with, so I'm a little sorry I missed out on the earlier opportunity, but if I hadn't, I probably wouldn't be in a position to pick him up, which might have resulted in his attempt to drive while less than sober. This is not an activity I condone, as previously mentioned, so I gave him a ride home. During this ride, he upgraded my status from "upstairs neighbor" to full-fledged "friend". I would have liked to have thought we were friends beforehand, but I'll take it. It's kind of a shame that he's moving out of the state this weekend.

Well, for now, I'm in a coffee shop, so I think I'll give gaming another go. I have an hour before I need to think about class; hopefully, I can limit myself to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home