Thursday, February 08, 2007

New Computer post!

This is officially my first blog post from my new iBook! Hooray! What's more, I'm posting through my wireless network, which my IBM Thinkpad used to use, but I dropped it on its wireless card one too many times, and the new one doesn't play so nicely with the wireless. But this one is just old enough to work really well with it!

Anyway, I've discovered something. Around here, there are two major NPR stations; one from the local college, and one from farther away. The one from the local college suits me just fine during the week, but on the weekends, I'm going to start listening to the farther of the two; it's got a 3 hour block of:

Car Talk: If you don't know its awesomeness, you're living under a rock on Mars.
Wait, wait, Don't Tell Me!: "NPR's news quiz" is hilarious, with Paula Poundstone and Mo Rocca as frequent panelists, and
This American Life: Ira Glass just has a knack for finding the kickass stories that are going on around the country all the time. La vita e bella, as they say.

And what makes me even more happy? I just checked to make sure I conjugated the Italian verb "esse" properly using my Mac's "Dashboard" thingy. I can't wait until I can program widgets and things. Hooray computers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home