Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Holy crap! # 100!

In honor of an arbitrarily impressive number, this post's arbitrary theme is: horrible political puns!

Starting off light, the Diebold voting machines!

Diebold: putting the e in e-lection.
Hack the vote!
Diebold: let your vote die... bold... ly... (weak laughter)

Saddam's sentencing!

Finally, a dictator who's well-hung!
Saddam: soon to be a participle. A dangling participle!
Something about six feet underground and two feet above it!

Political ads!

Political ads! (See, because political ads are already so bad, and puns are bad... I'll stop now.)

Anyway, I already voted. It was fun. I got to have all the thrill of filling in little ovals with all the power of being 1/9000000th of the decision for our state governor. I was a partial abstainer; I didn't much know or care who would be the best people for the U of M and MSU boards of regents. I also voted for one Libertarian and one Green, just because I think it would be fun to see them go at it. If you want to prevent your government from doing harm, set them up to be unable to do anything at all. I think the founding fathers had this in mind. Think about it. Then vote anyway; at least you'll be complicit in whatever high crimes our elected officials commit while in office. See? Voters are important!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home