Monday, November 06, 2006

I don't have a title today.

It was a long day at work tonight, and this morning, toward the end of my shift, my boss called me in to his office to have a chat. It turned out to be very little; he just wanted me to answer some questions about how the lab is doing, business-wise. In fact, the only thing I actually did was to write down three numbers on a sheet of paper. Hooray! I contributed! ...

At any rate, the numbers related to statements about how people felt about the work environment at my hospital. These statements were put out by the Gallup corporation, and are of the type "I feel ownership toward my environment" or "I have a 'best friend' at work". I was not, incidentally, asked to agree or disagree with these statements (thank God; I disagreed with most of them, which is more depressing than never having known that people can feel that good about going to work); I was only asked which of these statements needs the most work.

Okay, I didn't explain that very well. And frankly, you probably don't care about my work. My super-short version is: This morning I got paid for a half-hour's work, and all I did was write three numbers, randomly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home