Thursday, October 05, 2006

In the news.

Three announced, I think three to go. What are the categories again? Chemistry, Physics, Medicine, Literature, Economics, and Peace?

I finally understand how people who enjoy watching sports can root for the US during the Olympics. Well, almost; these announced prizes indicate American educational opportunities (but not standards or averages; these people are clearly freaks) and ingenuity. My impression of the global educational environment has always sort of been that Europe is just a great deal better at teaching their kids than we are, and that may be true, but this year's prizes haven't gone to anyone else, now have they?

This impresses me a little bit, but if they can make one that can carry a tune, then I'll start to worry about live musicians, in much the same way the phonograph made me worry about declining concert ticket sales.

I'm supposed to be thinking about something I could rant about for five solid minutes. Often, this is not hard for me to do, but lately, nothing has inflamed my ire. Maybe I'll just kvetch about classes. They may as well do me some damn good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only ranting for 5 min?? Where's the fun in that?

My current rant is friends who get married and register for obnoxious gifts.

There is no way in bloody hell that I'm getting them a $150 salt and pepper shaker.

5 min is not nearly long enough to rant on this.

I suggest you watch fox news for 30 seconds. That oughtta be enough to give you ranting material.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home