Saturday, October 14, 2006

Ahh, old time-wasters.

My good friend Mike introduced me to a good way to waste time, so I thought I'd do the same for all of you. The game I am putting forth (along with Doom and, occasionally, school) is how I remember the 90's. If you look around its site, you will find a mp3 for one song it inspired, as well as lyrics to another. (Does anyone know the tune to "Paint it Black"?)

So, the last two Prizes went to a Turkish author and a couple of Indian bankers, but America still got four of the six prizes, which as we know, reduces to a fraction of 2/3. And two out of three ain't bad. I've never read anything by the Literature prize winner, but I have to give props to the bankers. These guys, as I understand it, saved an entire village of people from famine and death by loaning them something like $27. Kinda shifts the perspective of that Barenaked Ladies song, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home