Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Prophetic it ain't.

Last night, I slept. This was highly unusual; I no longer sleep most nights. What's even more odd is, I had a dream. It was about my CS class. I dreamed I was all behind because I skipped last week, when we were supposed to start a new topic in the class. So when I woke up, I was a little nervous about coming to class. But hey, it's better to show up and be behind than not at all, right?

As it turned out, no. No it isn't. Because, while most of the students showed up for class today, the teacher didn't. Some people left five minutes after class was supposed to start, others fifteen. I, however, had a powerful yen to actually learn this stuff, so I stayed for a full half-hour. Okay, I also had a Palm Pilot with a Sudoku program and nothing better to do, but the desire to learn was in there somewhere, too.

Today's unfortunate headline: "Beautiful, clever, talented students honored." When I clicked on it over at CNN.com, it led to a story whose new headline was "Promising, extraordinary lives cut short.", but still.

Here's today's conversation starter: The word "ubiquitous" is generally applied to things that are everywhere: air, neon signs, the hate, etc. But can it be applied to things that are always found in conjunction with something else? I ask because, whenever I go to my CS class, I always have a cup of coffee, because I'm usually just coming off of work and need to stay awake for another hour. Is that cup of coffee "ubiquitous"? Discuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home