Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Plagiarized!

It turns out, when you poke a webcomic artist, the whole community pokes back. Todd Goldman, author of "Boys are dumb, throw rocks at them", had faced legal action a few years back. I remember reading about it in the paper. Apparently, some men's rights group didn't like his style, saying he was being a sexist bastard. I guess those guys couldn't handle the occasional thrown rock, and decided to sue instead of being less dumb.

Now, he's on the other side of the evilness tracks. Here's a link to a comic from 2001. Here's a webcomic that decided to point out the similarities between that comic and Todd Goldman's more recent take on the matter, and another, and another, and another....

Now, I freely admit that basically everything I write here is owned by Google, everything I do on Myspace is owned by Rupert Murdoch, everything I do in WoW (when I ever get a chance to play it) is owned by Blizzard, etc. So naturally, if someone plagiarizes me, they're plagiarizing a big company with lawyers and more time to fight these kinds of things in court than I have. But when a young webcomic artist starts putting out their fares, they should have some kind of legal protection of their own. In fact, I'm pretty sure they do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home