Sunday, April 01, 2007

Oh, the foolishness.

So, today is April Fool's Day. Other than a few harmless lies at work, I didn't get much of a chance to join in the festivities. This is not a huge disappointment this year; the usual internet shenanigans didn't seem to be happening this year, either. For instance, Google just seems to be Google this year. No hilarious pranks like mind-reading or special drinks. The comics page seems to have similarly ignored the day; usually, you'll get some artists swapping characters or even strips for a day. It is always strange to see "Pearls Before Swine" done in the style of "Dilbert", but it's a little sad to not see it today.

I did get to see two pranks: I decided to visit the BitTorrent website, and found myself looking at (what appeared to be) a MPAA propaganda machine, instead. Very funny. Also, check out Wikipedia's article of the day. Also fun. Both of these pranks took me a minute to get. I feel dumb.

But I also feel smart! For today, I have finished my computer program that has been quasi-due for a couple of weeks. Fun. I love having a teacher who is even more of a slacker than I am. It's all kinds of cool.

Fnord!

(Addendum: It turns out that Wikipedia was not actually pulling a prank; they just had an ambiguously named article. Weak!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home