Monday, March 26, 2007

Edification must be sweet.

I remember when Mike used to claim ownership of a particular word, to the point of defending its very existence. Well, no more! Although it is extremely popular nowadays, I have no proof that he didn't come up with it, and frankly, it makes me happier to believe that he did. Well done, Mike!

I made a decision on my way to work last night. More specifically, I made a decision on my way from the parking lot to the actual hospital building. It occurred to me that I really do want a degree in computer science. Additionally, I want to be able to teach, if the opportunity arises. So, given these premises, I see a very reasonable conclusion: go for a master's degree in CS. So I will. Hooray! Decision made. Let's see if this decision goes the way of my decision to get a law degree, get a biomedical science degree, or have a ponytail. (Ah, high school.) But I'm going into this being excited about the material itself, not just the possibility of a job afterwards. So I'm feeling pretty good. Or maybe it's just the weather. Either way, I'm feeling pretty good right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger PaganTomcat said...

ROCK OUT! i support your decision with all the fluffy bunny feelings i possess. and yet. . . disappointment. where the hell is my decision tree? you didn't even make one did you? all that crap about philosophy and logic and you made the choice based on a gut feeling while traversing a parking lot? i feel cheated. seriously.

-me

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home