Thursday, March 08, 2007

Final Thoughts from CA

It's the very last partial day of my trip; it's a little before 6 am local time, and my flight leaves at 9. A few things I've noticed before I go:

There is a fast food restaurant here called Redrum Burger. Man, these Californians are explicit about what happens to cows...

I got sick yesterday, and wanted to change my flight, but at this late date it would've cost over $1000. Fortunately, this morning I'm feeling better, if not fully well.

You know that thing people do when I'm talking? After about thirty seconds or so, their eyes glaze over and they stop caring completely about whatever self-indulgent crap I'm ranting about. That thing. Well, I've got some experience from the other side of that, now. My brother talking about computers at a mile a minute leaves me just treading water in the conversation, waiting for him to finish his thing. I'll try to be better about that, but honestly, I make no promises.

Also, it turns out I am a better singer than my eldest brother. This is something of a shocker to anyone who's heard me sing; that I could go head-to-head in an American Idol type deathmatch, and not be the first eliminated. At least I can get the relative notes within a range of each other, though. My voice may crack and strain at notes outside of about a 7-note range, but at least you can tell I know the tune I'm singing. (I know, it's mean, but the guy makes like 5 times my income. I've got to have something on him.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...but the guy makes like 5 times my income..."
I find it hard to believe that your brother only makes $15/hour.

Oh, burn.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home