Monday, February 26, 2007

Responsibility

Last night at work, I trained someone. This wasn't too hard; she already knew how to draw blood, and that was what I'd been asked to teach her. So the night mainly consisted of me walking around with her, watching as she poked people. And for that, I got a full day's pay. Not bad.

Of course, the last part of the evening was spent trying to clean up after my boss, who'd spent the night in the "processing" part of the lab. The last time I'd worked with him, he drew blood, which was mostly all right, with a few bugs to work out in his technique. Processing is a more complicated process, though, and a lot of things simply went undone for most of the night. So that was kind of a pain. Add to that the fact that we didn't have as much staff as usual, owing to the weather (or as the people skipping work pronounced it, "illness"), and it made for kind of a busy morning.

I actually showed up for both of my classes today. This was good, because it turned out, there was a test in Biology. It also turned out there was a quiz last Friday, which I missed. I cannot help but wonder if, were this bio course to fit better into my schedule by meeting earlier in the day, I wouldn't be doing much better in it, and not be thinking about switching majors.

Tonight, I work again. I hope that it goes a little better, but my hopes are not exactly high. I don't know with whom I might be working, or what I'll be doing. On the plus side, it is my last night of work before I go on vacation. I seriously need this. I'm all but burned out, and California will be nice. I don't know whether I'll bring both my computers; probably just the mac. This is the kind of problem I absolutely love having: "Should I bring both my laptops on my trip to sunny CA, or just the more fun one?" All my issues should be this wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home