Friday, January 19, 2007

They say that waiting is the hardest part.

I'm all about post titles being songs these days. It'll probably clear up on its own; if not, I will find a suitable topical cream.

I still haven't heard back from Kaplan, so I called them. It turns out, the local branch isn't open today, so I assume they will give me a ring tomorrow.

To recap (in case my blog hasn't been nice and clear on this point), I have auditioned to teach for Kaplan Testing Centers. I think it went well, but I haven't heard anything specific. If accepted, I'll be teaching either the GRE or the LSAT. Hell, I should get those tests to work for me somehow, right?

Anyway, this is something I see as a source of additional income, rather than a replacement for my current job. Thus far, no one has mentioned what they pay. I know a girl who actually does teach for them; when I asked her, she started talking about the various things one can do for Kaplan in exchange for money, rather than the money itself. While interesting, it was pretty useless; I now have an idea of what it feels like to talk to me.

In other news, I have decided that my hard drive is insufficient. I have a 25 GB hard drive on my laptop, of which 25 MB are free. That works out to about 1% free space. So anything I download has to fit into those parameters. And I'm just getting into things like Visual Studios and Audacity, to say nothing of all the music I want to fit onto my iPod. So today, I went out and bought a new hard drive. No, no; not one of those external ones. I'm going to crack my laptop open, pull the old hard drive out, and put the new hard drive in. By all accounts, it should go nice and easy, since I'll be using my iPod as a backup hard drive to help with the transition, but I've had mixed luck with this in the past. (Really sorry, Kim!) So you'll forgive me if I can't do anything with my computer in the near future.

In case you don't hear from me, assume I've either screwed something up with the hard drive switch, or else died of songs-as-post-titles-itis. Whichever is more fun for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope it goes well for you.

New hard drives are sexy.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and all that. But mostly, I have a new blog. www.Xclamation.wordpress.com

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home