Monday, January 01, 2007

Firstday (as you might have guessed.)

Happy New Year's, everyone! I spent last night at work! Poking people with needles! Yay!

But I have to admit, my New Year's Eve plans were not as bad as my patients, many of whom were woken up within a few hours of midnight to celebrate by getting poked with needles. Only a couple of them were already awake, and not a one of them was watching the Times Square celebration. And although we weren't busier than usual, that's still setting the bar pretty high. And a nurse spent ten minutes blaming me for her own mistake. And I had to draw blood from a guy who fell on his head doing a keg stand. And I had to explain to the doctor what a keg stand was.

...Okay, the last part was kind of fun.

Anyway, after I got off work I found out that Kim had called me at midnight, while I was poking patients with needles and not watching the ball fall in Times Square. She left a message, that she and Mike were thinking of me.

I think this is going to be a good year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home