Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Home again, home again.

I am at my parents' house. This is someplace I come maybe four times per year; the wireless network around here is decent enough that it's worthwhile. Oh yeah, and my family is here.

On the drive over here, I saw a semi laying on its side on the side of the road. It was weird seeing such a massive truck from that angle, like looking at an elephant laying down for a nap. No one was hurt, as far as I could tell- the cops were there, but no smoke or fire department. I also saw no ambulance, but I realize now that I have no idea how long that truck had been laying there- the injured could have been rushed to the ER and the fires put out long before I drove past the scene.

On a lighter note (how could it not be?), I have discovered something new about the game that comes packaged with the Nintendo Wii. It includes a feature where the game predicts your age based on your sports performance. So, by playing such sports as tennis and bowling, the Wii derives how old you are. I am told that the better you are at these games, the younger it thinks you are, which I believe. After all, the young wish they were a little older, and the old wish they were much younger, so the Wii tells everyone what they want to hear. Dad tells me he scored slightly younger than my little sister, which is good evidence for my hypothesis. Now, all they need is a shuffleboard mode...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home