Tuesday, December 05, 2006

College life

Ah, college. It's been an interesting two days. Yesterday, I watched Penn & Teller's "Bullshit"; specifically, the episode where they take a look at college. Their attempt to make college look like bullshit is, well, underwhelming. Today, my physics professor gave us an essay about the benefits of a solid college education. The author mentioned Boethius' immortal work, The Consolation of Philosophy. This is the same book my old logic prof gave me for being a badass philosopher. Fun stuff.

So should you go to college? I don't know. You probably already did; if you liked it, go again. If not, enjoy your freedom. It isn't for everyone, I know. I myself am a law school dropout. I suppose there is only one statistic that could possibly settle this dispute: Does the average college student tend to get more sex than the average college-age high school graduate who doesn't attend college? It's been 10,000 years since the human population exploded, making survival of the species fairly immune to the actions of even large groups of people; there is no need for everyone to have as much sex as possible. Still, it can be a lot of fun, and is generally available to the public, often for free. So basically, whichever group (students or nonstudents) gets the most nooky wins. Someone should do this study. Now that I think of it, there are a lot of sex studies that should be run. Over, and over, and over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home