Thursday, November 30, 2006

Who is the target demographic here?

So, I listen to podcasts. This should not come as news to anyone who reads this blog, as I've already told you three. One of my favorite podcasts is NPR's "Piano Puzzler", where you hear a famous tune in the style of a famous composer. It's pretty cool to hear "You're the top" by Cole Porter in the style of Igor Stravinsky. Haha! Igor!

Anyway, this week's episode kicks off with an ad for Sirius satellite radio, which sold itself, to NPR listeners, as having over a hundred channels of music, news and sports, including (and I quote the ad here because I wouldn't even believe it otherwise) "Howard Stern". How, exactly, are you going to convince a bunch of hippie commie veggie liberals to listen to your satellite radio company? By assuming that they are a bunch of infantile slack-jawed beer-swilling mainstreamers! Brilliant!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

XM baby. None of the Stern, more of the Franken. God, I love the Al Franken.

-wendy (blogger is screwy)

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home