Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Tiiiiime... is on my side.

Yes it is.

I woke up at around midnight. After going through my wake up procedure (watch a lot of TV until I have the emotional stamina to leave bed), I hopped online. For two or three minutes. Then we had a power outage, which knocked out my modem. So I lit some candles, looked at everything there was to do in my apartment at 2 am with no electricity, and decided to go to Steak 'n' Shake. I don't really understand what the 'n' means; they are probably owned by the same company as Toys 'R' Us. But they have good sandwiches. Or as they might be called back in the kitchen area, "Bread 'n' Meat".

As I was driving around town, waiting out the blackout ("Candles 'n' Boredom"), I remembered Mike! once told me about his theory that it takes at least an hour to make any trip to the video rental place, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you're going to browse, you've made a list of what movies you will get (as well as backups and alternates), or if you just have to drop off a movie you've already rented ("Popcorn 'n' Makeouts"). One hour, minimum. I tend to agree. An hour is about the fastest time you can walk into a movie rental shack and get back out. Now, everyone else would look at this scientifical fact and say "Oh, that means that, if I want to rent a movie, I have to plan on at least an hour." I've noticed that, since I am now full-time nocturnal, time means something different to me. I look at this same set of circumstances, and ("n") I say, "Hey! That's a pretty good way to kill an hour." Tonight, I didn't kill an hour in that manner, but tomorrow, I may execute several. Why? Because the local independantish video place has a coffee joint, with a smoking section ("Hacking 'n' Wheezing"). I might not leave. Ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are smoking again?

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home