Thursday, June 01, 2006

A bad month so far.

June is slightly over one day old, and already it kind of sucks.

I went and visited Wendy last night, possibly for the last time (for a while, anyway). She moves to another state soon. She gave me lots and lots of coffee. I will brew it with pride. With sugar, it will be bittersweet, like the circumstances under which I received it.

I got back to my apartment, and the cable cut out. I called the company at 1 am, because why shouldn't I? Who cares if I piss them off? Anyway, it turns out they were doing some maintenance on their lines or something. Short version: I wanted to post at 1 am and couldn't.

I went to sleep and woke up. That's always nice, especially when you have a roommate best referred to as Lezzie Borden. What wasn't nice was my inability to rouse my car. I had had no trouble getting up that morning; why couldn't my car do the same? I still have no answer, except that attempting to jump start it proved fruitless. It may finally have died; I will invest in a bicycle soon. This may hamper my ability to obtain a new car sometime in the near future. Tomorrow's plans include trying a rolling start and calling AAA.

I have my new apartment. I have student loans. I have a plan for the next few years of my life. Things are actually kind of good now. Why do I get the feeling that this month will do its damndest to change that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home