Friday, May 12, 2006

So THAT'S what it's like.

I went to the ER last night. It's nice that I work in a hospital; I was feeling sick and scared, so I just drove to work on autopilot, and I was where I needed to be.

Anyway, I had an elevated heart rate, couldn't sleep, etc. The ER doctor suggested carbon monoxide poisoning, and had my blood tested for it. The guy who drew my blood had been doing it for about two weeks. Every time someone has drawn my blood in the past, it was quite painful; this time around (the first time since I've started drawing other people's blood) it went pretty well. The guy had to get me twice, but other than that, it went just fine, and I got to see what life is like for my patients.

Anyway, the labs came back with elevated CO levels, so no more smoking for me. I also broke my vow of roommate silence because of the possibility of a faulty furnace, but it turned out, the furnace had been off for two weeks, and no one was dead or dying. I was a little surprised at how relieved I was; I guess that, unlike them, I do not wish any of my roommates death. I must be an incredible freaking person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home