Monday, May 15, 2006

Trying again.

I haven't had a cigarette since yesterday before work. I just have to keep my mind off of it, which is why I am blogging now. Addiction really is a disease; I don't have any medicine to help me through this, so I'll just have to wait it out, like a virus. Maybe I'll watch Trainspotting and feel superior.

I remember when a Buddhist monk came to our philosophy class in high school. He mentioned that, when he came to Buddhism, he smoked heavily and rode a motorcycle. Now he drives a Honda and sits in the lotus position. I'm not sure I can buy into Siddhartha Gautama's whole deal with eliminating desire, but I'd be cool with other aspects of the religion. Kind of like how I'm not sure about Jesus of Nazareth being the one true Son of God, who rose from death three days later, but I can understand many other parts of Christianity. (If true, Jesus Christ was the original zombie. Wait, no; Lazarus was first. But Jesus would also have fallen into that category. Discuss amongst yourselves.)

I want pretzel sticks, but I'm afraid that if I go out shopping, I'll just start smoking again. So for tonight, I'll hang out in my room and crash from the caffeine overload I subjected myself to earlier today. It'll get easier. It has to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have the sequel to KY Fried Movie, iffens you are interested in more mindless entertainment. Also, you still have beer here. Beer in quantity. Beer is wonderful.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home