Saturday, May 13, 2006

I am a horrible person.

I just had a cigarette. What can I say? An addiction is, well, addictive. On the other hand, I have a newfound and tremendous respect for my good friend Mike!, who quit and stayed quit. He is an incredible human being; I am not so much.

I'm not sure what it would take to get me to quit; on the other hand, I'm not sure what kicked off the adventures of the other night. I do intend to stick to a reduced rate of smoking, but I had also intended to stick to not smoking at all. What bugs me the most is that the ER nurse, who looked at me with total disbelief after I told her I'd quit, was right. I guess I have to really learn to listen to those with more experience than I.

2 Comments:

Blogger PaganTomcat said...

ha HA! i knew you would be back to the Dark Side my friend! i'm glad to have you back on my side. unfortunately...my bags are packed and tickets already purchased. i'm headed out to the...*shudder*...*tremble tremble shudder*...non-smoking world

*SCREAMS OF AGONY*

i don't want to quit, damn it! but at 11:45 am today, i have a doctor's appointment where i will ask to be put on the fabulous zyban...and i'm afraid i will have to leave you smoking by yourself.

sorry. i suck

5:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If it'll take your mind off the smokes, you are welcome to come on over and play scrabble, or you can train the dog to bite you whenever you think of the fire sticks.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home