Thursday, May 25, 2006

Holy son of a freakin' crap.

It has been a busy few days. I have learned to knit. I made a scarf. I will put pictures of it up, when I take some and figure out how to put them up. I got into school. I registered for classes. I found an apartment. I might even be allowed to move into it, provided I can make more money than I currently do. I ... don't know where I was going with this sentence. Damn. And I was on such a roll.

Anyway, I have been through quite a week, where everything happened all at once. I might be moving to third shift weekends at work; I'll have to ask Kim how she liked working that. It would open up my ability to go to school during the week, certainly. I'm just not sure about sleeping patterns.

Fortunately, if I can swing it, I'll be living in a one-bedroom apartment, all by my lonesome. I have never had an apartment without roommates, but with rooms. It'll be a fun experience, I think. And if I'm working and going to class on an odd schedule, I won't be disturbing or disturbed by anyone else. So that's nice. And I can move out before my evil roommates have me kicked out, because they're evil.

And on the topic of school, I'm a little nervous about going back. The academics don't worry me; I've been through a bachelor's before. I can do it again. What has me shaking in my boots is an incident that happened when I went to get a student ID. The dialogue was as follows:

Me: I'm here to get a student ID.
Girl: This is the candy counter. We sell candy. You're an idiot.
Me: Fair enough. Can you tell me where to get an ID?
Girl: No. Maybe the office can help you.
Me: Thank you!

Montage of me getting sent all over the damn student center.

Me: Is this where I get an ID?
Cute girl wearing "This is what a feminist looks like" T-shirt (God, I've missed college): Yes. Why are you covered in poisonous snake bites and third degree burns?
Me: This is a very large student center. So can I get an ID?
Cute girl etc.: Sure! When were you accepted?
Me: Yesterday.
Cute etc. : Then no. You aren't in the system yet.
Me: But I am a special case! I graduated a couple of years ago, I'm coming back to school, and I might still be in the system!
Cu etc. : No, you're not.
Me: Could you at least look?
etc. : No. Try back in a couple of days.

I may have to go invisible just to survive this. (Okay, that didn't make sense, but I really wanted to work in that link.) Anyway, it's been a long day, and a long post, so I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home