Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back in my life.

So, I had a more exciting Easter than you. I spent the weekend with my parents. On the way back from the other side of the state, my car broke down. Twenty miles from home. With a dying cell phone battery. Life is good.

So I called my parents, all of my friends, and finally, AAA. The most prompt response came from Wendy, followed by AAA. They called a tow truck, which took an hour and a half to find me, grab my car, and drop me off at a Meijer's. Wendy showed up there an hour later, due to a traffic jam. She very kindly picked me up and took me to spend the night at her place, because I had foolishly left my apartment keys with my car key, which I left with the tow truck guy.

I know what you're thinking: Why not ask my roommates to open the door for me? Frankly, they scare me. With good reason. I don't want them to have any moral collateral on me, such as opening a door for my benefit. God only knows how they'd extract their hellish payment. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't want to take that chance.

Monday morning, I called the car shop, and got an idea of how it was doing. I guess I pulled over on the highway before any serious damage could be done; it was just a little overheated. Wendy and I went on errands, and swung by the car shop, which had closed for lunch. I wish I could close my business for lunch. I wish I had a business.

So, I went to work that evening, and because I still didn't have my apartment keys, Wendy again played well the roles of chauffeur and innkeep. It's not just anyone who will pick up a friend in need at 2:30 in the morning (late shift at the hospital sucks).

Tuesday morning, Wendy and I again travelled to the car shop, armed with knowledge of their lunchy ways. We managed to get my apartment key, but I left the vehicle in their care, pending more tinkering. I got back into my apartment, and got a nice shower and shave. It was beautiful. Off to work again, then back to home. Sleep.

This morning, I walked up to the bank to loan my parents some of my money. I tried calling them to let them know what a good son I was being, but my cell phone had been disconnected. I am on my mother's plan; reports from my dad (who is also on mom's plan) confirm that we've all been cut off for nonpayment. Guess I should've loaned them the cash earlier. Anyway, I immediately started walking to Wendy's house, then got a better idea and hopped online. My brother was also online, so I IM'ed him and asked him to call Wendy for me. She came over, took me to the car shop, I gave them the rest of my money, and they gave me my car and a warning about its state of being. So now, except for the cell phone thing, life is back to normal. And I am going to bed.

Private to Mike!: I am working on the 28th.

Private to Kim: http://www.godhatesfigs.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home