Friday, March 31, 2006

Two stressful days.

Yesterday at work was crazy. I had to field phone calls, which always puts me in a bad mood. Everyone is always angry when they call, because being cordial is no longer in fashion, I guess. Anyway, foul mood yesterday.

Today was worse. I had a much better assignment today; I just stood there and checked to make sure every specimen we got had an order associated with it. If not, I donn't even have to worry about it; I just hand it to the person in the station I had yesterday and it becomes their problem. Normally, I'm pretty satisfied to handle this workload.

The reason today was so freaky was that one of my coworkers was paying way too much attention to me. I mean, it's nice to have a little notice from time to time, but this guy went too far. I turned my back to the rest of the lab for five minutes to work on something, and when I turned back, he had put sticky notes with my name or initials in five or six places around the lab. When I went on break, a Mr. Goodbar was sitting on the table, wrapped in a napkin with my name on it in red ink. And in ordinary conversation, he was just too interested in how I was doing.

It wasn't until the end of the night that I found out he'd been doing all this to try to give me a better day today than yesterday had been. It was, it turns out, really nice of him, but I would've liked to have known why he was doing all this before I spent six hours of my workday wondering if he was going to start stalking me. His heart was in the right place, but his execution... well, it sucked horse balls. And while I do have to work the weekend, he doesn't, so maybe I can relax a little during work. It's slower during the weekend, and most of the people working with me then have a healthy sense of apathy, so hopefully, things will go well.

I'm just praying we don't have to clean up after any tornadoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home