Friday, March 17, 2006

Slaying the dragon of bureaucracy.

This is the final installment of my current bureacracy diatribe. For that reason alone, celebrations may ensue. I understand everyone has collectively decided to wear green today in honor of my accomplishment; I don't claim to understand it, but I don't claim to understand heterosexuality, either.

On to the traditional recounting of my adventures: this morning, I checked my bank account online. I discovered, to my delight, that my federal tax refund had come in. I immediately hopped on the phone with the collection agency my law school had hired to rake me across the coals, and paid off the remaining amount. That takes care of one of the three flavors of student debt I've racked up during the past five years; it feels good to know that such a thing is possible.

Now, hopefully, the law school will get notice of payment, take the hold off my account, and fire a copy of my transcript over to the school I'm applying to. Then, I'll get into the biomedical sciences program, for which my employer will happily pay, get all the classes I need, graduate in two years without a hitch, get a job where I make money by the hogshead, and get a graduate degree in philosophy, after which I can teach at some community college or other. It's just that simple. Right? Anyone?

Okay, the celebrations may be a bit premature, but if we don't acknowledge the little victories, life quickly becomes unbearable, waiting for that one big score that may never come. Oooh, I'm publishing pedestrian comments on life that aren't borne out by my own experience! I feel like a real blogger now.

Also, I am listening to Men Without Hats. Everyone should. Except you can't get any of their songs on iTunes, last I checked. Huge library, but without them, nothing good. Boo iTunes! Yay Amazon. And eBay is good, too, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home