Monday, March 27, 2006

Free day!

So, we've been having budget troubles at work these days. In a potentially related newspoint, we have been getting busier at work. Your healthcare dollars at work.

Anyway, I got today off of work, and I am now watching Jeopardy! When I was growing up, failure to do well on that show meant less love and food. It's good to reminisce.

I wanted to include a link somewhere in this post to an article about some guy with a robotic arm. Problem is, I can't find the article. It's really cool; the guy has a four-motor arm for home use, and when the scientists who hooked it up to him want to study him, they have a special six-motor arm they switch out with it. It's awesome.

But nowhere on the internet can I find it. I'm fairly certain it was on CNN.com. I heard about it on Scientific American's podcast. Now, it's gone. Vanished. The closest thing I can find is something about monkeys. Monkeys are cool, but they aren't the story I'm looking for. Did I dream it? Did some government agency in charge of cyborgs cover the whole thing up? What the hell is going on? I'm pretty sure I didn't make it up, since I don't tend to make up things with the level of detail of "one arm has four motors, the other has six" or "the six-motor arm contains components from India, China, and Germany". I'm not smart enough. Man, this is going to bug me.

Also, apologies to Mike. (See "Prolific", left.) I left a nasty note on his blog. You should go there and look at it. It really is bitchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home