Monday, January 23, 2006

Cramped & Silent.

So yeah, I'm feeling cramped. I talked with my roommates about moving my bulky excersize machine out of my bedroom, and they pointed out that there may not be room for it in the apartment. I feel that, if they had not filled it with their own furniture, there would be at least enough room for one piece of furniture, but I said nothing about that. I must be a fucking gentleman. Realistically, I feel that I am by far the better person, since I consulted with other people about a decision that might affect them before I made it. I don't remember being asked if we wanted to replace one couch with two, but that didn't stop them.

I am also still bitter about being told to keep silent during last week's The L Word, while my roommates jabbered on during the whole episode. This, I feel, is a wonderful metaphor for my relationship with them; they will have a conversation, right there in front of me, having asked me specifically not to join in. The word of the day: stifle.

It turns out, one of my roommates tripped over my guitar the other night. It seems that they moved it out of the living room and into the hall (leaning it against my door) so that it wouldn't get damaged while they moved things about in the living room. When she tripped over it while it was in the hall, she moved it into my bedroom. I'm not sure how to feel about that. On one hand, there was absolutely no malicious or even selfish intent in the sequence of events; they felt they were acting in my own best interests. On the other hand, this paragraph wouldn't exist if they had simply asked me to put the instrument out of the way so that it wouldn't get hurt. Back to wonderful metaphor.

Anyway, they seem to have no problem with having my cello and guitar out in the living room, once they've moved all of their excess boxes of random stuff out of the way. That they feel they have a say in the matter is at once darling and obnoxious. Those instruments being moved out of my room is a Band-Aid; having the excersize machine in the living room is life-saving surgery. They have a week to figure out how they want things, and then they will learn the meaning of the word accomodate.

I bet you thought I was going to say "pain". Well, I didn't. So there. Have I stopped being the better person yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home