Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mad science.

I have always wanted to be a mad scientist. When I got my first chemistry set, I was a little disappointed when I found out I couldn't use it to make anything blow up. But now, mad science is so specialized, I don't know what I want to go into. Mad communication science has been getting headlines lately, but only for government contracts. Frankly, science just isn't mad enough when you've got the Man ordering you around.

Mad physics is always a classic, but we can't really dissociate a mad field of science with its non-mad twin, and regular physics doesn't seem to have anything cool cooking these days. Mad biology is at the other end of the spectrum; bio-evil doesn't appeal to me. I want to be a mad scientist, not a bad scientist.

I think what works best for me is mad chemistry. I would develop new and exciting substances, to be used for insane purposes. Think Flubber, but slightly more destructive. I suppose I'll need a doctorate to get that far, but that shouldn't be a problem. Sleep well... for now. Mwa-ha-ha-haaa!

2 Comments:

Blogger PaganTomcat said...

can i rule south americal when you take over?

pretty please? i'll make you buttermilke biscuits and pie for dessert.

-me

10:13 AM  
Blogger PaganTomcat said...

freakin' A.

SOUTH AMERICA.

suppose i should learn to spell the name of the place before i make it my empire. foolish mortal.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home