Friday, February 10, 2006

No work today!

I get the day off from work, because I work this weekend. This is very good, since I didn't get any sleep last night, for no reason whatsoever. I also went to campus, to talk about going back to school, and found out that the Bio sciences advisor doesn't have walk-in hours until next week. Since she has, thus far, ignored the e-mail I sent her, I can already feel the tendrils of bureaucracy wrapping around my ankles, chest, and throat. I fear that I am not going to be able to survive a second college education with them, which also gives me cause for a limited kind of hope.

In my twisted mind, I'm already preparing for a BS in some biological science. If it's not here in town, it'll be somewhere else, which may give me reason to move back in with my awesomest roommates ever. At any rate, I'm all about getting this degree, so we'll just have to see how willing I am to part with my cool job in a few months. But first things first; I feel I must give the local university the benefit of... um... I'm not sure what. There is simply no doubt in my mind that getting another degree from them would be a twisted nightmare of endless loopholes and lost forms, so I cannot give them the benefit of any doubt. Furthermore, during my years spent there for my first degree, the university showed an actual decline in quality, in my opinion. What, really, are the odds that this trend would not only reverse itself, but do so to such a dramatic degree that studying there would be a pleasureable experience? Answer: I have no idea. I'm not a statistician. So I guess I'm just giving them the benefit of my own personal generosity. Sometimes, being a good person sucks. No, that's not true; it sucks almost all of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home