Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well, here I am.

Floating in space. I wrote a post last night in my happy little Mac text editor, but quite frankly, it's too damn depressing to put up here. The internet is emo enough; I don't need to go around making it worse. Instead, I shall describe to you my current surroundings.

I'm in a library; the West Valley branch of the San Jose Public Library System. It is a nice enough building, I suppose, and has free wifi, so that's a major plus. Still, the CD rack outweighs by many hundreds of times the section on computer programming, and one of their sections has the heading "Adult Nonfiction", and the subheading "Paranormal/Astrology", etc. I took a picture, but I don't have the connecting cord on me to place it in this post. Next time, perhaps.

Meanwhile, I'm downloading Firefox 3. I tried it out a couple of weeks ago; it was pretty cool.

That's about all I've got for the time being. Work is going all right, and looks to be going better in the very near future. I have decided not to pursue the lab manager job I've already turned down; things at Stanford are satisfactory for now. (How can a person as damn poor as me truthfully write a sentence like that? What is wrong with my life? ...And, we're back to emo.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home