Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Breaking news!

I got up pretty early this morning. Too damn early. Oh well. Anyway, I turned on the news, and there was President Bush, making a speech. His big announcement? I think MSNBC puts it best with this teaser:
"Pres. Bush: Cuba still suffers under despotism of the Castros"

That's right. We, as a country, are just now dealing with Cuba. Apparently, Bush's big plan is to allow Americans to send cell phones to their family members in Cuba. Because that's the big problem: not enough Cuban text messages. Hey, Bush: How about sending them MEDICINE AND FOOD? Do you think they might like that?

Or here's a thought: instead of looking at Cuba, try cleaning up your own mess in Iraq. Of course, I'm not sure there's anything that can be done to prevent Iraq from turning into Vietnam, but hey- it's not my war.

I wish my hotel got Cartoon Network. It's so much less stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home