Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A slice of my current life.

I live in a house. When I moved in, there was a car in the back yard. Well, not so much "a car", as "enough of the remains of a car to positively identify its genus". It was, in fact, a Volkswagen Jetta, which I only discovered once I'd found out where somebody had placed the top of the trunk.

The other day, I noticed that the largest piece of the vehicle was missing from the back yard. If they had dispensed with the roof or the front doors, I wouldn't have known it had happened; those parts were placed unobtrusively behind some of the other debris of the yard. But this was not the case. One day, there was a huge chunk of Jetta chassis back there, the next- nothing. It is an absolute mystery to me how this was removed. I don't think there is an opening large enough in our fence to admit such an object.

You may at this point ask, and fairly so, "Well how do you think they got it there in the first place?" My working theory is that they drove the whole Jetta into the yard, and only afterwards did they a) erect the fence, and b) dismantle the car, probably with a chainsaw. I don't know in what order those last two events occured, and it's only a theory anyway. I don't intend to stick around long enough to find out for certain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home