Friday, October 12, 2007

I can't really say I called it...

The Nobel Peace Prize is out. I realize now what I missed in my last post: Gore did do a lot for climate change concerns, but is that really "peace"? Going over to Wikipedia, I find Nobel willed the peace prize to "the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between the nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".

Does work on elimination of global warming really foot that bill? Have nations really come together to fight this, or is everyone still pursuing the same goal in their own ways? Did the people who set up the Kyoto accords ever get a Nobel?

You'll find out next time... you look it up for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home