Friday, September 28, 2007

Employment:

It works just like Scott Adams says.

A few weeks back, I worked really really hard at my job. There was a lot to do, and I even had to call in Mike to help me out. But something went wrong with the files I sent to the office, so my work never showed up anywhere, and never actually made any kind of difference. My boss did not yell at me for this. In fact, she didn't say anything at all. I found out from Mike that, "Oh, she decided not to use it."

After that, I just kind of gave up on productivity. If my work got done, it got done, and if not, I don't get paid enough to give a rat's pimpled, pus-filled ass. I am now, officially, a slacker.

Today I got a raise.

I'm going to read Sartre's "Nausea" now. Well, not now; I have to do something to fill my workday, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home