Sunday, September 16, 2007

Is football a religion?

Evidently. I mean, millions of people sit down to watch it every Sunday, learning many pointless rules and ideas that are totally impracticable in real life, and although people think about it from time to time during the week, the morality set down in scripture does not play out in every day kinds of decisions. For instance, I'm pretty sure this would be a serious penalty.

Meanwhile, standards of measure are growing and shrinking. We live in tumultuous times.

I'm listening to "Living on Earth" on NPR. I want to somehow help the world be more energy-conscious, but I also want to make some kind of real living. How can I combine these two interests?

1 Comments:

Blogger PaganTomcat said...

near-castration eh? ouch. and here i was just posting about how i wanted a penis of my very own. maybe not. although, if get one without the balls. . . . .

-me

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home