Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Annyong Hasayo!

As I'm sure you are all eminently aware, today is Hangul day! Happy Hangul day everyone!

To celebrate, I've started learning the basics of the Korean alphabet. This site taught me some very nice basics, but my brother recommends this one if you're really intent on learning the language, instead of just the alphabet. For me, though, for now, I am content with just the alphabet; it's actually a lot of fun to know something like a secret code. Maybe I can convince my roommates to learn with me, so that I can write them kickass-looking messages. Better: maybe I can convince only one of them to learn it, and irritate the other with kickass-looking secret messages!

So what are you doing to celebrate?

And in other news, the Nobel prize in Physics has been declared: It is split between France and Germany for technology that allows scanners to read the hard drives to which they are attached. CNN.com lists these guys as the "Fathers of the MP3 industry", but I think that's going a little far. Yes, we wouldn't have (readable) miniature hard drives without this technology, but the MP3 compression algorithms are at least as important blah blah blah... (Sorry, got a little away from myself there.) Anyway, that's what it is. I'm all on pins and needles to see what prizes are going to be awarded next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home