Monday, April 23, 2007

Pulling the plug.

Today, I killed off a constant companion in my life. I went down to the cable company and discontinued my service. No more TV, and only borrowed internet. This may well be an interesting summer.

The last thing I watched today was an episode of the original Star Trek. I had not seen it before, but I knew it must have existed, because once (ten or twelve years ago) I saw an episode of Star Trek: TNG in which the crew caught a disease that makes you drunk, and they only figured it out after pulling up files about how the exact same thing happened to the last Enterprise. So this was the episode about what happened to the last Enterprise. I have to say, George Takei had a very nice body. Way sexier than William Shatner.

And yes, I am going to miss television. I watch too damn much not to. I might go into withdrawal without Jon, Steven, Jean-Luc, Aang, Danny, Fry, Peter, Stan, Homer, Lorelai, Buffy, Angel, Omi, Yugi, Fox and Dana, Sydney, J.D., Alex, Adam and Jamie, George Michael, Dorothy, Rose, Sophia and Blanche, Will, Grace, Frasier, Phoebe, Paige and Prue, the Professor and Maryann, but let's face it: they're crowding me a little. Besides, how many of those people do you know well enough that you know who I'm talking about, even without last names or any other context?

Really? I would've thought you would score better. Still, that's a lot of names, isn't it? So now I'm off on this crazy-ass wild adventure they call real life. And I've gotta say, it can't possibly be any more boring to watch me sit around not watching TV than what has come before. So at least the evil government agents who oppress me through constant remote observation won't be harmed by this decision. And we must always think of the evil oppressive government agents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home