Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Madness.

So I'm going into a little bit of TV withdrawal. Checking again, it still works; I could clearly hear an Enzyte commercial when I flipped it on. I didn't wait for the screen to warm up before cutting it back off. It's a healthy reminder of why I'm getting rid of that crap.

I IM'ed my brother George last night, and he supported my decision, saying, "Great! Now you can be one of those people who works the fact that they don't have cable into every conversation!" I wish I were the wit of the family. I guess I'll have to settle for being the fop.

But my impending lack of any TV hasn't stopped me from being bitter; I thought we were about forty years beyond this crap. Seriously, Georgia, catch up with Europe. You know, the place with all the castles and Lords and Ladies and shit? Yeah. It's one thing to ask for baby steps; it's another to ask for any damn bit of progress at all!

Only a few hours now until my semester is over. And then, self-imposed summer school! Yay! At least I'll be learning on my own, instead of sitting in a classroom trying desperately to stay conscious. I keep telling myself that this will be good for me; is that a sign that I don't quite believe me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home