Monday, March 03, 2008

The science makes me smile.

Here, we have a couple of sites that have amazing videos on the subject of (drum roll please): Science!

Let's face it: chemists are the badass punks of the lab-rat set. "Oh, look, my sleeve caught fire" is less a cause for alarm to these folks, and more an opportunity to study the exothermic reaction caused by the various kinds of fiber in the garment. "Hmm, I seem to have spilled some acid on my arm" is their version of "I'm now in the club". They blow things up just to see why things blow up. Man, I should've taken a few chem courses in college. Oh well; that's just one more bad decision I made that I can learn to live with. That, and my face, which is neither horribly disfigured by having hydrochloric acid melt my forehead, nor shorn of its eyebrows from an unexpected reaction in what I thought was my snack, but was actually a volatile solution that should not under any circumstances be moved. I have to live with that, too.

Oh well.

For more information on Science!, consult the authorities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home