Saturday, December 01, 2007

Topsy goddam turvy.

I saw this report from Reuters a few days back. It concerns a study from U of M (that's the actual University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, not that Urethra of Mine). I take care to cite sources here because these are not institutions well-known for fucking things up, or promoting muzzles for the media. So what the hell? How do they even find this out? Are there really that many adults running around who, as children, played hours and hours of Halo 3? Oh, wait; that would be impossible. So I have to wonder about their methodology here. I imagine some sort of crystalline sphere plays a central role in their research; or perhaps they have a more scientific method.

Then, in honor of World AIDS Day, I find out that (after a mere two and a half decades) some church somewhere is being instructed to actually go out and help people with AIDS. It seems like the guy doing the instructing here would have been less enlightened on the subject. Who'd have thought that faith could be used for something other than evil? It almost gives me hope to see a church doing something moral.

But I guess getting my hopes up would be too much to ask. Oh well. If we're all going to hell, at least, to quote Tom Lehrer, we will all fry together when we fry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home