Wednesday, May 23, 2007

On my way in today...

I saw a couple of interesting things. A car labeled "Caution: Student Driver" whose driver was on a cell phone. She was alone in the car, so either this is the most lassez-faire driving school in the world, or the people teaching our teens how to be responsible operators of motor vehicles voluntarily quadruple their chances of collision. Which explanation makes you feel better?

Also, a sign on some churchy building near campus: "Looks like you missed our car wash today. Bummer." This was at 10:00 am. If ever I needed evidence that God is mocking me...

Anyway, I am reasonably satisfied with my Netflix service. It started yesterday, and I will be having an Indiana Jones marathon to celebrate. Lots of TV series are in my queue, as well. I anticipate much time spent in front of my TV once again. That feels right, somehow. Especially since I can do other things while movies play, such as learning Java. I am told that it is a useful skill; I will therefore have it. It probably won't be as helpful to me as juggling, knitting, solving a Rubik's cube, learning Mac OSX, playing the cello, speaking German, or having a degree in philosophy, but hey. I'm willing to take a risk every now and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home