Monday, August 11, 2008

Visitations.

My dad came to visit me over the weekend. We had a good time, and indulged in one of my great new personal obsessions: a certain furniture store that is lauded in tale and image and song. It was kind of nice to know that, with relatively short notice, I am capable of hosting a guest, even if my current accommodations leave something to be desired.

Actually, I think the shock of my current living space is really wearing off. I will move as soon as I have the money to put up a month's rent and a security deposit pretty much anywhere else, but I'm willing to be patient until that time comes. In the meanwhile, I'm sleeping through the four a.m. discussions that are held on Sunday mornings, even if it took my dear father a bit by surprise. Dad is, incidentally, on his way down from the bay area (me) to the Los Angeles area, where his brother is spending his retirement. Dad took the train this morning, and when I checked on its progress, it turned out to be a mere two hours late in departing.

I cannot help but reminisce on the amount of time I spent in K'zoo's train station, waiting for my transport, while he waited at home to come pick me up at the other end of my visit from college. Memories, like the sharp pointy corners of my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home