Wednesday, April 09, 2008

On the road: First stop.

Here I am in Kalamazoo (former motto: "Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo"). This is what I'm calling my second stop on the trip; from Monroe, I went to my parents' house, then here. It's nice to be able to say goodbye to the places I've spent the overwhelming majority of my life.

The friend with whom I am staying has a cat and a dog. I have taken photos of them, but I don't have the cord that connects my camera and my computer handy, so you'll have to wait for them. That's something to take into consideration tomorrow morning, when I have more sunlight.

Also, I have purchased a small notepad and a couple of pens. Hopefully, they will be extra useful in my travels; making notes of gas mileage, places to stay, places to avoid, and things to remember to record here. So far, all I've written in it is a list of states whose license plates I've seen so far this trip. That list reads:

  1. MI

  2. IL


I expect to get Indiana and Ohio before tomorrow is done, and maybe several others. But we'll see what happens then. In the meantime, here is a google map of my progress so far:

View Larger Map

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home