Monday, March 24, 2008

Well, damn!

I quit my job today. Called up my boss, gave my two weeks' notice, and now I'm not looking back. I'll be moving across the country once I'm out of this job, and it should be quite the adventure. I've been told that this trip will take me:

  • Three days

  • A week

  • As long as it takes


... But I figure I'm pretty likely to get there at some point and in pretty close to one piece, so I'm really looking forward to it. One of my brothers suggested that I bring along books on CD, to make the going more enjoyable. My dad immediately suggested The Grapes of Wrath, and I couldn't help but think of On the Road. I've already got a copy of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance; what else would make good cross-country listening? If I'm feeling practical, perhaps a cookbook from the RoadKill Cafe? Or maybe something light, like Misery? Thoughts?

2 Comments:

Blogger Marie-Yvonne said...

Well, I just finished listening to:

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Primary and Secondary Phase (BBC Radio Collection) by Douglas Adams, Peter Jones, Simon Jones, and Rula Lenska"

Also the other three phases: Tertary, Quandary, Quintessential, as they call them, really the last three original books.
Very funny so be warned, I hope you don't mind driving and laughing at the same time ;)

Have a great journey!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

402 430 1511. I don't have your number, but give me a call whenever.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home