Thursday, March 13, 2008

Drowning in information...

I'm having some kind of fun here. It's the kind of fun that's scary and intimidating and humbling and makes me want to crawl under the covers and never ever ever come out. Yay!

I'm trying to learn to code. I don't feel the need to develop Turing-tested artificial intelligence or make a billion dollars; I just enjoy being able to write a program and have it work. If I could make enough money to afford food, that might be nice too, but honestly, I don't want to dream about that fancy upper-crust stuff. Anyway, my brother (a professional coder) sent me a link to a blog. This guy seems to have a lot of requirements for someone he'd hire. I'm in absolutely no position to argue; he codes for a living for a well-known outfit, and I don't code for pay (yet, I hope). Still, it is intimidating to see all that stuff I don't know, and have someone say "Yeah, I know it's all basic, but you'd be surprised at how few people know all this stuff".

Looks like I have some studying to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home