Friday, January 04, 2008

Philosophy is not "mere"!

I was reading an article that I found on slashdot which describes, as part of it, the "The universe is just a VR Simulation" theory. It says that, "without testable predictions about the universe that would distinguish this idea from other theories, the VR hypothesis is pure philosophy."

Okay, they said 'pure', not 'mere', but still, that sounds a little dismissive of philosophy to me, but whatever. They're just egghead scientists, right? Besides, it taught me about "Boltzmann Brains", which is a fun philosophical concept. Take it out for a spin and tell me what you think!

Also, I wish I was a media person. Not like I actually am, but a media person who mattered. Then maybe I could get free stuff, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home