Thursday, December 13, 2007

The sting of citric acid.

So, if you look below this post, you will find a link to a story that I found, well, inspirational. A true tale of simple human kindness prevailing in the face of fear, ignorance and violence. I don't believe in much, but because of this story, I believed, for a moment, in people.

So filled was I with warm fuzzies that I decided to relate this story to a coworker. I explained the specifics, and stressed the mindset I imagined young Mr. Askari must have had when he made a more noble decision than I think I would have under the circumstances. I didn't actually use the word "hero", but I don't think that misses the mark.

After I'd finished, she told me "That's why I say 'Happy Holidays'." I guess the Wonderful Time is over now.

Life gave those kids on the subway lemons. At least all I got was collateral squirting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home